Support The JCC
Employer Matched Donations / Corporate Matching Gifts
Matching gift programs are a great way to enhance your contribution. Many companies match employee contributions to charitable causes. A dollar-for-dollar match is common, but some companies donate $2 or more for every dollar an employee contributes. The human resources office at your workplace can tell you about your employer's policies.
An unrestricted gift is the most flexible kind of gift. Donors making unrestricted or endowed gifts enhance the JCC’s ability to apply financial resources where they are needed most. Click here to make an unrestricted donation.
Designated Program Support
You can also choose to designate your gift to a particular program or campaign. With thousands of people walking through our doors each day, you might imagine that there's a whole lot going on at the JCC. Choose to direct your gift to one of our 7 Endowment Funds:
Major Gift Campaign
To provide for special programs such as:
• Building Fund – for construction, repair and replacement of capital equipment;
• Endowment Funds – the principal for these funds remain in perpetuity – donations are used to establish and support JCC programs and services.
Planned Giving & Gifts of Securities
To preserve the future of our vital programs and services. Depending upon the asset you contribute, the method you select, your personal situation and other circumstances, you can obtain an immediate charitable tax deduction, increase your cash flow or reduce your income tax.
Why leave a legacy to us?
Building a Jewish legacy is about a person’s good intention… the impact you will have on the world when you make a gift of your assets or leave a bequest. The JCC represents people of all ages and stages within the lifecycle of our community. It is through our programs, service, outreach and education that we shall continue to be the heart and soul of our Jewish community.
• Perpetuate the vitality and purpose of the JCC, its programs and services
• Continue you support of the values and causes that the JCC represents
• Create a lasting tribute to honor family, friends and loved ones
• Leave the world a better place and make a difference: tikkun olam
A Legacy Lives Forever
An endowment is a fund of money that is held in perpetuity. Only a portion of the average annual investment return is used. Your endowment gift to The JCC is securely invested. Returns on that investment will bring our vibrant and vital community into the next century and beyond.
Everyone has a unique family and financial situation. Your legacy gift can be designed to match your personal circumstances. Some options include:
• A simple bequest in a will or trust. (This is the most common technique.)
• An outright gift, using appreciated assets or cash.
• A life insurance policy.
• A retirement or pension plan. (Income tax makes these assets idea for transfer to a charity.)
• A charitable income plan and charitable remainder trust. (This offers the benefit of life income payments with a tax deduction.)
If you are planning to make the Mid-Island Y JCC one of your beneficiaries, we encourage you to tell us now. We can work with you and your advisors to make sure the bequest is planned and administered properly. It also gives us the opportunity to thank you. For more information, contact Rick Lewis, CEO.
Gifts of Securities
Giving a gift of publicly traded stock that has increased in value and that you have owned for more than one year may provide greater tax benefits than giving cash. Your charitable income tax deduction is equal to the fair market value of the stock and you avoid paying the capital gains tax on any increase in the current value over the original cost of the stock. You may also save by not incurring brokerage fees because you are transferring ownership rather than selling the stock. A gift of stock can provide much-needed support for the JCC and offer you financial benefits as well. In addition to supporting the JCC, a gift of appreciated securities can provide you with added tax advantages:
• Deduct the full fair market value up to 30% of your adjusted gross income
• Carry forward any unused deduction for up to five additional tax years
• Avoid paying capital gains tax; gifts of appreciated assets to not-for-profit organizations are deductible at their full fair market value if they have been held longer than 12 months
• Save on estate tax, since the gift reduces the assets subject to estate tax
Please consult with your attorney, investment adviser, or accountant about donating appreciated securities to the Mid-Island Y JCC.
Instructions for Transfer of Securities
You can give appreciated stocks to the JCC simply by transferring them into our account. To transfer securities to the Mid-Island Y JCC, instruct your broker to transfer securities to:
Mid-Island Y Jewish Community Center, Inc.
You or your broker should also provide us with the following information for audit and acknowledgment purposes:
• Donor's name
• Donor's complete address
• Name and number of securities transferred
• Broker's name and phone number
• Approximate dollar value of gift
We ask that you or your broker please call the JCC Development Office, provide a letter, or send an email with this information at the time of transfer to:
Mid-Island Y JCC
45 Manetto Hill Road
Plainview, NY 11803
Attn: Development Department