Contact: Sharon Hanover, MSW, Assistant Director, Adler Center For Special Needs (516) 822-3535, x332 | email@example.com
The K.I.S.S. Center For Special Needs, established in 2004, was recently re-named due to the generosity of Ann Dorman Adler & Kenneth Adler. The Adler Center provides a comprehensive range of programs and services for children and teens with developmental disabilities including learning disabilities, language delay, ADHD, and Autism spectrum disorders.
The mission of the Adler Center For Special Needs is to enable participants to establish life-long friendships and become independent and productive. Our programs are designed to facilitate the development of social and life skills including self-esteem, communication and problem-solving, that influence interactions in the home, the school environment, and in the community. Family support, along with the professional guidance offered at the Adler Center, provided in a structured and safe environment, allows each participant to reach his or her fullest potential.
Here are some of our newly redesigned programs & Services:
- Enhanced social skills curriculum
- Expanded swim program for all ages
- ncreased hours including lunch
- Parent and sibling support
- Field trips into the community
- Aspire Summer Camp
- Low child to staff ratio
- Curriculum coordinator & music therapist on staff
- Discounted full-year registration
- Peer mentoring program
- Monthly Saturday recreation program
- Vocational training and employment workshops
The Adler Center for Special Needs is partially funded by a grant from the J.E. & Z.B. Butler Foundation, Inc.