Contact: Sharon Hanover, MSW, Director, Adler Center For Special Needs | 822-35353 x332 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Steve Goldstein, Assistant Director, Adler Center For Special Needs | 822-3535 x356 | email@example.com
Lauren Watling, Administrative Assistant | 822-3535 x303 | firstname.lastname@example.org
ASPIRE PROGRAM FOR CHILDREN AND TEENS WITH SPECIAL NEEDS: The Aspire Program services children and teens with special needs, including but not limited to Autism, Asperger's Syndrome, ADHD, and related disabilities. Our campers need personal as well as interpersonal success, and the Aspire Program provides it! The goal is to create a fun, nurturing, and supportive environment by including children and teens with special needs in day camp activities and providing them with the support they need to be successful and to make lasting friendships.
The Aspire Program provides:
- Camp placement based on social, emotional and cognitive abilities
- Specialized counselors trained by well qualified staff, including special education teachers and speech language pathologists
- Daily Progress Reports with camper evaluations
- 3:1, 2:1, 1:1 child to counselor ratio, based on needs
- Consultation with related services providers
- Parent training workshops
- Camp placements include a Full Inclusion option or a Specialized Group option (to be determined by Director and Parent)
- Inclusion Camps: Preschool Camps, Junior Camp, Sports Camp, Aspire Tween Travel
- Specialized Group Camps: Junior Aspire Camp and Teens at Camp option, which includes academic support, social skils review, physical and occupational therapy and speech and language instruction as well as inclusion opportunities.
There is an intake required prior to registration in order to ensure best fit between the campers
and program structure.
PRESCHOOL INCLUSION CAMPS: For 3-5 year olds
SCHOOL AGE INCLUSION CAMPS: For children entering K-6 in September '15
TWEEN TRAVEL INCLUSION CAMP: For children entering Grades 7 or 8 in September '15
M-F, 9:00 am-4:00 pm. The full inclusion program for tweens includes exciting day trips and 2, 3 and 4 day trips. Campers interested in enrolling in this program must get prior approval from the Aspire Camp Director. All campers in this program must be able to travel on all day trips including the 3 and 4 day trips.
Door-to-door transportation is available for day trips only. Camper to counselor ratio 2:1
ACES! ADLER CENTER FOR ENRICHMENT SERVICES: For children entering Grades K-6 in September '15
This new, one-of-a-kind summer camp is for campers who need more individualized attention and would benefit from related services opportunities as well as social skill instruction in a smaller group. Campers will be provided with a structured, consistent, and supportive environment; by setting firm, realistic, and clear limits and goals in an atmosphere of respect and caring. Junior Aspire Camp will offer healthy, developmentally-appropriate activities and learning experiences and demonstrate that our campers can make friends and succeed in in team activities. Included in this program is Special Education swim instruction, led by qualified water safety instructors. Inclusion opportunities will be offered with other camp groups when possible. Camper to counselor ratio is 2:1 or 1:1 depending on the individual needs of the camper.
TEENS AT CAMP: For children entering grades 7 -11 in September '15
This campground program for tweens and teens includes day trips, evening activities, community service days, and campground fun such as swim, photography, sports and more. This program is designed to equip our campers with skills essential for independent daily living including self-advocacy, personal health and fitness, nutrition, and so much more. Overnight trips may be planned and will incur an additional fee. Inclusion opportunities available when possible, in collaboration with Tween Travel. Minimum number of 5 campers required. Camper to counselor ratio is 3:1.