Family And Adult Center
Contact: Alana Rosenstein, LMSW, Director, NNORC | (516) 822-3535, x385 | email@example.com
To see a current list of programs and services, Click Here
Plainview-Old Bethpage Cares (P.O.B. Cares) is a Neighborhood Naturally Occurring Retirement Community (NNORC) offering support to senior residents (age 60 +) in parts of Plainview and Old Bethpage. POB Cares strives to maintain and improve the quality of life for all seniors within our community and provide services and resources to enable them to live independently and in their own homes. POB Cares is funded in part through a grant from the New York State for the Aging.
Project Plainview Assisting Community Elders (Project P.A.C.E) is a Neighborhood Naturally Occurring Retirement Community (NNORC) offering support to senior residents (age 60 +) in parts of Plainview. Project P.A.C.E strives to maintain and improve the quality of life for all seniors within our community and provide services and resources to enable them to live independently and in their own homes. Project PACE is funded in part through a grant from the New York State Office for the Aging.
Why should you get involved? If you are over the age of 60 and live in Plainview or Old Bethpage, call us. You'll be impressed with the array of free programs and services we offer. If you don't need case management or nurse services right now, we encourage you to still register with us. You never now when your needs may change AND we offer wonderful free programs for active seniors, such as our Breakfast for your Brain program, book club and veterans group. Our staff is friendly, kind and warm and we look forward to getting to know you. You might also be interesed in volunteering with us!
Free programs and services:
- Consultation with a Community Health Nurse from North Shore LIJ Health System for non-emergency medical questions and concerns.
- Emotional suppoty and/or assistance accessing benefits and resources from a licensed social worker
- Volunteer-based transportation to local medical appointments, shopping and errands
- Volunteer-based minor home repairs, such as changing a light bulb or hanging a picture
- Friendly visiting for home-bound and/or isolated seniors
- Blood pressure screening
- Bi-monthly health chats, knitting circle, memories workshop and veterans group
- Monthly Parkinson's group featuring speakers on topics relevant to those with Parkinson's and their caregivers
- Tough Topics - a forum to explore issues related to aging
- Technology for seniors - individual and group sessions for beginners using computers and tablets
- Breakfast for your Brain - improve your brain health with mental aerobics
- Information and referrals
All services are provided free of charge. We appreciate your support, click here to donate.
Who We Are: P.O.B. Cares and Project P.A.C.E. are programs of the Mid-Island Y JCC in partnership with North Shore LIJ Health System, the Town of Oyster Bay and Jewish Association Services for the Aged (JASA). These programs are funded in part by the New York State Office for the Aging.
Make a Difference: When you volunteer with P.O.B. Cares and Project P.A.C.E. you'll enjoy getting to know our seniors. The recipients of your volunteer service are so grateful for your willingness to help. They love to chat and share. You can even attend to your own errands while helping a neighbor in need. How? Call us and we will be glad to explain. You create your own schedule and can help in as little as 1-2 hours per week. Please call Alana or Harriet, at (516) 822-3535 x345.
Contact P.O.B Cares & Project P.A.C.E.: Phone: 516-822-3535 x385 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hours of Operation: MONDAY-FRIDAY 8:30 am-4:30 pm
Program Director: Alana Rosenstein | 516-822-3535 x385 | email@example.com
Mid-Island Y JCC NNORC Staff:
- Harriet Blatt, Volunteer Coordinator | x345 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Janet Golon, Community Heath Nurse | x381 | email@example.com
- Abe Kirschman, Administrative Assistant | x382 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kelly Soel, Community Heath Nurse | x381 | email@example.com