Family And Adult Center
Contact: Robyn Berman, MPA, MA, Director, NNORC | (516) 822-3535, x385 | firstname.lastname@example.org
To see a current list of programs and services, Click Here
Plainview-Old Bethpage Cares (P.O.B. Cares) is a Neighborhood Naturally Occurring Retirement Community (NNORC) offering support to senior residents (age 60 +) of Plainview and Old Bethpage. POB Cares strives to maintain and improve the quality of life for all seniors within our community and provide services and resources to enable them to live independently and in their own homes.
P.O.B. Cares serves seniors in Plainview and Old Bethpage residing to the east of the Seaford Oyster Bay Expressway (Rt. 135).
Project Plainview Assisting Community Elders (Project P.A.C.E) is a Neighborhood Naturally Occurring Retirement Community (NNORC) offering support to senior residents (age 60 +) of Plainview. Project P.A.C.E strives to maintain and improve the quality of life for all seniors within our community and provide services and resources to enable them to live independently and in their own homes.
Project P.A.C.E serves seniors in Plainview residing to the west of the Seaford Oyster Bay Expressway (Rt. 135)
Why should you get involved? If you are over the age of 60 and live in Plainview or Old Bethpage, call us. You'll be impressed with the array of free programs and services we offer. If you don't need case management or nurse services right now, we encourage you to still register with us. You never now when your needs may change AND we offer wonderful free programs for active seniors, such as our Breakfast for your Brain program, book club and veterans group. Our staff is friendly, kind and warm and we look forward to getting to know you. You might also be interesed in volunteering with us!
Free programs and services:
- In-home healthcare with a registered nurse
- In-home case management with a social worker
- Transportation to medical appointments
- Assisted food shopping
- Patient advocacy
- Supportive counseling
- Minor home repairs
- Friendly visits
- Blood pressure screening
- Bi-monthly health chats, knitting circle, memories workshop and veterans group
- Quarterly Lunch and Learn for Holocaust Survivors
- Monthly book club
- Caregiver Support Group
- Monthly Parkinson's group featuring speakers on topics relevant to those with Parkinson's and their caregivers
- Tough Topics - a forum to explore issues related to aging
- Technology for seniors - individual and group sessions for beginners using computers and tablets
- Breakfast for your Brain - improve your brain health with mental aerobics
- Information and referrals
All services are provided free of charge. We appreciate your support, click here to donate.
Who We Are: P.O.B. Cares and Project P.A.C.E. are programs of the Mid-Island Y JCC in partnership with North Shore LIJ Health System, the Town of Oyster Bay and Jewish Association Services for the Aged (JASA). These programs are funded in part by the New York State Office for the Aging.
Make a Difference: When you volunteer with P.O.B. Cares and Project P.A.C.E. you'll enjoy getting to know our seniors. The recipients of your volunteer service are so grateful for your willingness to help. They love to chat and share. You can even attend to your own errands while helping a neighbor in need. How? Call us and we will be glad to explain. You create your own schedule and can help in as little as 1-2 hours per week. Please call Robyn or Harriet, at (516) 822-3535 x345.
Contact P.O.B Cares & Project P.A.C.E.: Phone: 516-822-3535 x 345 | Email: email@example.com Hours of Operation: MONDAY-FRIDAY 8:00 am-4:00 pm Program Director: Robyn Berman, MPA, MA | 516-822-3535 ext 385 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Mid-Island Y JCC NNORC Staff:
- Harriet Blatt, Volunteer Coordinator | x345 | email@example.com
- Janet Mummery-Feuerstein, Social Worker | (516) 742-2050 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Heather Goldman, Social Worker | x383 | email@example.com
- Janet Golon, Community Heath Nurse | x381 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Abe Kirschman, Administrative Assistant | x382 | email@example.com
- Beth Spickler-Lerman, Social Worker | x384 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kelly Soel, Community Heath Nurse | x381 | email@example.com