Parents with Children
The Early Childhood Center at the Mid-Island Y JCC offers part-time social and/or educational programming for parents, with their children who are newborn though 2 years of age. These classes include a variety of socialization, separation, and play-based programs, which in turn offer shared activities, opportunities to make new friends (for both you and your child), and the possibility to hone skills ranging from socialization to gross-motor development.
Examples of some of the classes offered on a rotating basis are:
• NEW PARENT / NEW BABY: New parents share feelings and joys with other new parents
• ONE IS FUN!: Your child will enjoy exploring and playing, while you engage in relevant discussions led by a facilitator
• WADDLER PLAYLAND: A social experience emphasizing playtime, songs and crafts
• COOKS & BOOKS: Where we read books and create goodies to go along with the stories
• SMILING SUNDAYS: Provides a morning of songs, arts & crafts, & playtime with your toddler
• TOGETHER/ALONE!: Is designed to facilitate the process of separation
• CRAWLIN' & GROOVIN': Parents and children explore their physical environment in a brightly colored and warm atmosphere
A copy of our most current program guide can be downloaded from our Web site, or picked up at the front desk, located in the main lobby.
Parents With Children (Ages 2– 5):
We offer year-round opportunities for parents who wish to come to the JCC in the evenings and participate in holiday-themed workshops with their children. Some of our workshops include Sukkah Big & Small, All About Chanukah, and Preschool Family Passover, just to name a few!
Please pick-up, or download, a copy of our most current Chailights for a specific listing of the family workshops being offered at this time.