Our Staff And Facility
Our Instructors are dedicated to teaching all swimmers to be safe and proficient in the water while creating a fun and exciting environment. Our pool is equipped to handle large groups of swimmers. Our facility operates with generally 2-3 lifeguards in an active rotation. We hand selected our staff which include college level swimmers, WSI certified instructors, swim team coaches, and a variety of other skilled individuals.
Our swim program follows the American Red Cross guidelines to ensure your child will have a full set of aquatic skills. All students will receive certificates with detailed skills checklists to track each swimmers progress. Children can begin swimming with the Island Aquatics as early as six months through our “parent/tot” program and can continue as a young adult becoming an American Red Cross certified Lifeguard and/or Swim Instructor.
The Aquatics Center boasts:
• Heated Olympic size swimming pool (3-12 ft.), keep between 82-84 degrees
• Whirlpool, keep between 101-104 degrees
• Nassau County Board of Health regulated facility
• Newly renovated pool deck
• Handicapped enabled chair lift for safe entry and exit to the pool
• Structure and supervision is equipped to handle almost all forms of abilities