Contact: Tina Tyznar | (516) 822-3535, x350 | email@example.com
American Red Cross Training Programs
Water Safety Instructor (WSI): The Mid-Island Y JCC is offering an American Red Cross Water Safety Instructor Course. At the completion of this course you will be certified in ARC Water Safety. That means that with just one course you will be eligible to teach swimming lessons at camps and aquatic facilities throughout Long Island and the rest of the United States!
Lifeguard Training: The Mid-Island Y JCC offers American Red Cross Lifeguarding Certification Classes. At the completion of this course you will be certified in ARC Lifeguarding, First Aid, CPR and AED. That means that with just one course you will be eligible to work at camps and aquatic facilities all over Long Island and the rest of the United States!
Lifeguard Training: Thursday December 19th from 7:00-10:00 pm, Pre-Test Registration Fee: $25.
- Swim 12 laps/300 yards of the pool with good form and breathing. You may use front crawl, breaststroke or a combination of both. Goggles are allowed.
- Tread water for 2 minutes using only your legs. You should keep your hands under your armpits.
- Complete a timed event in 1 minute 40 seconds or less: Start in the water, swim 20 yards without goggles. Surface dive to retrieve a 10 pound brick from a depth of 7-10 feet. Return to the starting point on your back, while holding the brick with both hands. Your face must be at or near the surface.
Lifeguard Training Schedule: (upon passing pre-test)
- Saturday, December 21st 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Sunday, December 22nd 12:30 - 5:00 pm
- Monday, December 23rd 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Sunday, December 29th 12:30 - 5:00 pm
- Monday, December 30th 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Member: $450 Non-Memeber: $475
LGT Recertification: This class will recertify your American Red Cross Lifeguard, First Aid and CPR certifications. You must attend all dates, bring your past certification cards and be able to demonstrate all skills proficiently in order to regain certification.
Pre-Test: Thursday January 2nd 11 am - 12 pm
Other class dates: (upon passing the pre-test)
- Thursday January 2nd 12 pm - 8 pm
- Friday January 3rd 9 am - 5:30 pm
Member: $150 Non-Member: $160